Friday 21 September 2007

Comixforce

So here it is. After all this time of resistance, of trying desperately not to succumb to the urge, I have at last decided to create a blog about comics... by me.

Where to begin... well, the most obvious place would be the beginning. I'm an oldschool comics fan who is admittedly more Marvel than DC, more because I prefer the quality than anything else. Bigtime Avengers, FF and Spidey fan, not so much X-Men. And over at the Distinguished Competition, hardcore Flash fan, also reading JLA, Countdown and Sinestro Corps.

The title of this blog, incidentally, really came from me wanting to find something with the word "Comic/Comix" and then blatantly stealing from Marvel's "X-Force" name to form Comixforce, which I believe sounds cool. Hopefully it does so I don't end up being arrested and deported for nothing. Not that Marvel would do that as they're all wonderful, understanding people of course.

In any case, I'll be getting started almost straight away with the purpose of this blog. And what is this purpose? Simple, to review, blog and rant about comics! Every Thursday (UK over here, lucky Americanskis and your Wednesday comics...) I'll start uploading my summaries and reviews of the haul for this particular week. I'll also comment on any comic news, and very occasionally some non comic news as well. So what sets this apart from all the other comic related blogs out there?

The fact that I'm better.

...No but seriously, this may as well be titled Yet Another Comics Blog. And would have been, if that wasn't already taken by a frankly better blog. But as it is, I'll make do with what I've got! Here's to some good times ahead in the blogosphere....

2 comments:

Mike Haseloff said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Many thanks for the link. I'm in some esteemed company there!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link! Glad to have another comics pal from across the pond.